Let’s come together and celebrate our graduates. We want to honor the Seniors at Douglas High School by having a Graduation parade! The Coronavirus and social distancing may have canceled the opportunity to walk across the stage but it will not cancel families and friends the opportunity to celebrate their graduates. Please feel out form to participate in Douglas High School Graduation Parade. CDC guidelines will be enforced.
Stop The Violence Inc. invites friends, family, and community members to help celebrate Douglass High School’s Class of 2020 Graduates! On Friday, May 29th at 5:00 pm, there will be a parade of Seniors. Please join us as we celebrate these students for their hard work, resilience, and tenacity as they wrap up their senior year!
To ensure that the Senior recognition parade provides a safe environment for all, please review the instructions and map procedures. Any questions can be directed to Kuinten Rucker (email@example.com).
If you are joining us as a spectator for the parade, please do so safely! Maintain appropriate social distancing and have fun!
- At 5:00 PM, senior vehicles arrive at the Cash Saver Grocery Store (formally Otwell’s Food Store) 1149 N Martin Luther King Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73117 and will line up in order of arrival.
- Seniors should wear their caps & gowns.
- Bring a pen or pencil
- Seniors cannot drive themselves; they must have an escort. Seniors should be in the rear driver passenger seat (photographers will take pictures from this side).
- Once you arrive at the Cash Saver, stay in your vehicle. You will be greeted by Stop The Violence staff or volunteers with instructions and a name card.
- You can decorate your car! (Be creative)
Senior parade route is as follows
- Depart from the Cash Saver heading South on Martin Luther King Ave
- At NE 7th Street, the parade will turn right (West) and travel down past Fairview Missionary Baptist Church, where we will shout out the seniors as they are passing by and take pictures
- Senior vehicles will be directed by volunteers to move forward at the appropriate times (Make sure your smile! There will be a photo’s here!)
- At N Bath Ave, the parade will turn right (North) to end the parade
The event will be live-streamed by Stop The Violence at: http://www.facebook.com/stvokc