Spring Break Leadership Camp Has Been Canceled Due To The Coronavirus March 16-21, 2020
Dear Stop The Violence Friends:
The health and safety of the children, families and staff is of the utmost importance to us.
As our friends and partners, we want you to know that we have looked at different ways to keep the spring break camp active with the on-going pandemic of the Coronavirus. We have decided that we will cancel next week’s camp (March 16-21) to ensure that everyone is safe. We would like to apologize for this inconvenience as this is the first time in ten years that we had to make a decision such as this. We hope that you are taking all available precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
These steps include:
- Encouraging children to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing. (If you don’t have access to soap, alcohol-based hand sanitizer, as long as it’s 60 percent alcohol, will suffice.)
- Keeping kids as far away as possible from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Speak with your doctor if you, or your child have a cough, shortness of breath, and you’ve recently traveled to China or been exposed to someone who has these symptoms and was recently in China.
- Meanwhile, the flu has, so far this season, been a bigger threat to children. To protect against the flu, make sure everyone in your household has received a flu shot.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a number of steps you can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. You can find this information, and future updates on COVID-19, here.
We will remain vigilant and are monitoring information from state and federal health authorities. We will keep you apprised of any changes, and we appreciate your continued support.
President, Stop The Violence